Monday, May 23, 2011

CLEO Magazine June Issue - The Bloggers Issue



About a month ago CLEO Magazine approached myself (The Kokonut Stylist) and 5 other South African fashion bloggers for their June 2011 Issue, themed: The Bloggers Issue. Basically we were interviewed on our fashion trends for winter. It is a MUST buy, very interesting with lots of winter style ideas.


I am still trying to contain my excitement as I am on an ENTIRE page of a magazine *calls mom*. As a blogger, such exposure and recognition is uber cool and very humbling. Thank you CLEO.

I love how they put my Icon (Coco Chanel) on my page- PERFECTION!

The Kokonut Stylist CLEO Magazine interview:
  • What's your blog about? Fashion trends, style tips and general real-life issues surrounding fashion.
  • What are your top three fashion trends for winter? Black and caramel trench coats, knee-length boots and bright coloured gloves.
  • Where do you find inspiration? From street fashion, runways, my naturally stylish mom and sisters and Blake Lively.
  • What other blogs do you follow? The Glamourai, The Sartorialist, a few South African blogs and a Kenyan blog called The Fashion Notebook.
  • What's your personal style? I'm currently trying out the '70s look but I try to not conform to one style.
  • What's your staple accessory? Watches, sunglasses and jewelery.
  • What's the most timeless accessory you own? My caramel leather vintage bag. I use it daily and its featured in my blog a lot!

Below are the other 5 incredible bloggers I was featured with:

Rozanne of Lucy Cant Dance



Tanya of Leluvette









And..Pippa of The Thrift Collection



Many thanks to the CLEO Magazine Fashion Editor. Go get a copy NOW, its only R20!

4 comments: